The Evidensia hospital Hart of Brabant is a state of the art, 24/7 referral and emergency hospital with 24 h. nursing care. We offer specialist referrals in emergency/critical care, soft tissue and orthopedic surgery, neurology/neurosurgery, internal medicine, diagnostic imaging, dermatology and dentistry. We currently employ EBVS boarded veterinary specialists in different specialties. We also have a very active exotics department with two vets seeing all different species (birds, reptiles and small mammals).
We have one of the best diagnostic imaging departments in the Netherlands with a 1.5 Tesla MRI, 64 slice CT, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, two ultrasound units and fluoroscopy.
Our surgery suit includes three fully equipped theaters, with one additional dentistry suit. To help our patients to recover after surgery we have an intensive care unit for the immediate post op care and physiotherapists managing the rehabilitation for the long term aided by a large rehabilitation suit with an underwater treadmill.
Duration of the internship: 1 year
Number of positions: 6
Start of internship: 1-8-2021.
Who are we looking for: We are looking for highly motivated young professionals who are aiming to pursue a specialist career or who want to deliver a high level of first opinion work. You are recently graduated, preferably with 1-2 years of first line experience.
Goals of the internship:
- To recruit good, young veterinarians, giving them an accelerated basic training program and thereby preparing them for future specialist training programs (Residencies).
- To bridge the gap between university and working life.
- To stimulate a climate of continued learning in our specialist hospitals.
- Salary € 2500 per month
- The interns can attend Evidensia Academy theoretical lectures free of charge.
- € 1000 to use for continuing education (possibly with the academy), international courses/congresses etc.
This internship is primarily designed to prepare veterinarians for high-quality service in practice, continuing more specialised internship or advanced specialty training. The primary purpose of an internship is to provide a sound educational program for the intern with a hope and intention to employ them at one of our Evidensia clinics/hospitals after successfully completing the internship. Completion of an internship also makes the candidates eligible for one of Evidensias 3 year, differentiation training.
Standard training program
- At the start of the internship an one month induction period working alongside the interns (20-21) and different lectures
- Rota will be 1:6 evenings and 1:6 nights, always with a more experienced colleague on “second call”. Following the nightshifts (which are consecutive) there will be time off as compensation.
- Day Rotations:
- Soft tissue surgery
- Emergency and critical care
- Dentistry and Dermatology (joint rotation)
- Internal medicine
- Free choice of rotation
- 5 weeks paid holidays.
- Weekly 1 h. lecture of a specialist or senior vet in a variety of topics (between 8-9 every Thursday).
- Every morning clinical rounds in which one of the patients is discussed more in depth.
- End of rotation presentations. Combined with social gathering.
For questions regarding the internship you can contact:
Niklas Bergknut DVM, PhD, Dipl. ECVN Head of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Evidensia NL European and RCVS recognised Specialist in Veterinary Neurology T: +31 6 11 53 38 99 E: Niklas.Bergknut@evidensia.nl
Gineke Peetsold MSc, DVM Internship program coordinator T: +31 6 50 27 65 27 E: Gineke.Peetsold@evidensia.nl
Application procedure: Motivation letters combined with CV can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Tamarinde Laan Clinical Director, Hart van Brabant). First round of interviews will be held in week 21.