The Evidensia specialist hospital in Waalwijk is looking for an additional Radiologist, Diploma holder or board eligible, to join our fabulous team.
We are looking for a passionate radiologist to help us sort out those 50 shades of grey. We offer a flexible and stimulating work environment in our recently refurbished hospital. Work times are flexible, you can work part or full time, on site or remotely and there is ample time and possibility for teaching if you desire.
The Evidensia hospital Hart of Brabant is a state of the art, 24/7 referral and emergency hospital with 24 h. nursing care. We offer specialist referrals in emergency/critical care, soft tissue and orthopedic surgery, neurology/neurosurgery, internal medicine, diagnostic imaging, dermatology and dentistry. We currently employ EBVS boarded veterinary specialists (https://ebvs.eu/specialists) in Neurology/Neurosurgery, Surgery (soft tissue and orthopedics), Internal medicine, Diagnostic Imaging, Emergency/Critical Care and Anesthesia. We also have a very active exotics department with two vets seeing all different species (birds, reptiles and small mammals).
We have one of the best diagnostic imaging departments in the Netherlands with a 1.5 Tesla MRI, 64 slice CT, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, two ultrasound units and fluoroscopy.
The successful candidate will work alongside our current radiologist who works 2 days a week in our hospital. The team also includes 2 MRI technicians, one with 20 year’s experience from a humane hospital and a radiology nurse with 10 year’s experience from the radiology department in Utrecht.
You will work closely to our neurology team which consists of two board certified neurologists and a neurology resident. We regularly perform more advanced MRI examinations with spectroscopy, fiber tracking, angiography etc. and we hope to be able to develop this service further.
Our brand-new surgery suit includes three fully equipped theaters, with an additional dentistry suit. To help our patients to recover after surgery we have an intensive care unit for the immediate post op care and three physiotherapists managing the rehabilitation for the long term aided by a large rehabilitation suit with an underwater treadmill.
The hospital has a semi academic setting with a resident in Neurology and a rotating internship with 6 interns, active clinical rounds and weekly lectures in the clinic.
Who are we looking for:
- We are looking for a versatile radiologist to cover all aspects of radiology with a main focus on MRI, CT and ultrasonography.
- You need to be a good team player and a good communicator. Although Dutch is the working language in the clinic, English works well as we have an international team and as a radiologist you will not have primary contact with the clients.
- You will be expected to share your knowledge as you will have an intern joining the radiology service half the year and you will be expected to give lectures both internally for our interns and staff and also externally to our referring colleagues.
- We are looking for someone who wants to work at least three days a week.
- We offer a competitive salary with a generous bonus system.
- If you move to NL from abroad, you will also qualify for only 30% tax the first few years.
- If you are interested in lecturing there is a possibility of working one day a week for Evidensia Academy.
- Time off for external lecturing is also possible.
- A generous allowance for continuing education is available.
- 6 weeks paid holidays.
- Flexible worktimes and a possibility of working remotely can also be arranged.
For questions regarding the position you can contact:
Niklas Bergknut DVM, PhD, Dipl. ECVN
Head of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Evidensia NL
European and RCVS recognised Specialist in Veterinary Neurology
T: +31 6 11 53 38 99
Martijn Beukers DVM, Dipl. ECVDI
Head of Diagnostic Imaging at Evidensia NL